Construction project appraisal and evaluation techniques include both technical and project management aspects to ensure fulfillment of the owner’s original requirements, adherence to the original plans and applicable standards and regulations, project management efficiency and integrity. This includes:
– Analyze construction project situations, recognize problems and synthesize solutions.
– Examine and ensure the proper application of construction project management techniques in the project.
– Critically appraise: organization, management of the project and maintenance of the facility throughout the project.
– Ensure compliance with environmental, technical and economic standards and regulations.
– Compare and contrast the project with similar quality and/or competitive establishments.